With so many things today being driven by mass production and automation, most of today's accommodations leave little to stir the blood and soul. If you ever find yourself contemplating what the Canadian dream of free land and a better life at the turn of the 19th century looked like, then the quaint, cozy, authentic setting of Ghostown Blues B&B can surround you with a taste of the craftsmanship and hard labour our ancestors built. It seems this connection is harder and harder to find in our over-fabricated, throwaway world of consumptive one-upmanship.
Please meet and enjoy the other guests around the campfire or on the veranda and enjoy the sense of community our unique accommodations afford.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does each accommodation have its own bathroom?
Our mission and goal is to provide the experience of a living museum of original, museum quality restorations, presented in a "Cowboy Chic" setting. Because our accommodations are actual original homesteads, and prairie architecture, we do not put restrooms in each one. As with most B&B's our restrooms are shared. Having said that, we have FOUR restrooms for our 9 accommodations, all within a few feet of the cabins and wagons.
Do you allow pets?
Sorry, we no longer accept pets. It doesn't matter what you dog weighs, how long he spends on your lap, or how well behaved. We have dogs onsite of our own and conflicts arise. We make zero exceptions. Thanks for understanding.
What is included?
All linens, towels and breakfast are included in our rates. We also supply enough firewood for a nice campfire, with additional wood available for a modest fee.
Is my credit card charged when I make a reservation?
No, the credit card information is just used to guarantee and hold the reservation. Settlement is done at checkout.
WE HAVE A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR ABUSIVE OR BELIGERENT LANGUAGE TOWARD OUR STAFF AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO THOSE WHO DO NOT RESPECT THIS POLICY.
1. CHECK IN/CHECK OUT: Check-in is anytime after 2 PM and check-out is 11:00 AM. We have a self check in option for individual guests. There is a list of who is in each accommodation, a site map and instructions to easily find your way around. We will be around shortly to answer any of your questions. All guests arriving after 8 PM will use the self check in option.
2. DEPOSIT: Full site events (weddings , reunions, etc.) including accommodations require a $1000 deposit at the time of booking.
LONG LEAD RESERVATIONS AND BLOCK BOOKINGS: For long lead reservations made 6 months or more in advance we require a 33% non refundable deposit . Unused blocked off rooms will not be refunded the deposit. It will also include all applicable taxes. This will be deducted from the final bill at settlement. All cancellation fees will apply if they cancel within our cancellation policy dates.
3. STANDARD CANCELLATION: ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE IN WRITING VIA EMAIL.
Cancellations of rooms outside of 14 days (unless long lead or block bookings) will not be charged for cancelling.
Cancellations within 14 days of check in time (2PM) will result in a 50% charge for cancelled nights. Cancellations within 7 days of check in (2PM) of the first reserved night will result in 100% forfeiture of reserved nights.There are no adjustments for unused reserved nights resulting from late arrivals or early departures, except under extraordinary circumstances which will be at the discretion of Ghostown Blues.
4. EVENT CANCELLATION: ALL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE IN WRITING VIA EMAIL. Event reservations cancelled 60 days or more prior to arrival (2PM of check in date) will receive a full refund. Reservations cancelled in fewer days will result in the forfeiture of your deposit.
5. PAYMENT: Payments in full is due upon departure. We accept major credit cards or Interact.
6. THEFT: Authentic antiques are what gives Ghostown Blues its unique atmosphere and are catalogued daily. Missing or willfully damaged antiques will be charged to your bill.
7. SMOKING: No smoking inside the buildings or wagons. Smoking is allowed in designated smoking areas, but please dispose of all cigarette butts safely as we are surrounded by prairie. A $100 cleaning fee will be charged to your room for violation of the no smoking policy.
8. DISTURBANCE: In consideration of neighbors and other guests, please observe an 11 PM quiet time. Guests are asked to not make unlawful, noisy, or offensive use of the rented facilities.